Monday, March 26, 2007

Settling In?

So imagine my surprise when I walked into City Council Chambers last Friday and saw who was sitting right up in the front row of the gallery - none other than U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald. (It was all I could do to not take a picture with my phone.)

At first I thought that he may have just been there just to shake things up a little bit and unnerve everybody, (some type of cutting sense of humor that he has been hiding from the public).

Then I thought maybe he was checking out the seating chart in case his guys, uh, needed to get to somebody quickly. (Just kidding)

Turns out he was there as your average citizen who was seeking approval to an addition to his residence.

I didn't think much about it until yesterday. But now that I think about it, and in light of all of the discussions lately about the Bush administration shuffling out U.S. Attorneys for political reasons, Mr. Fitzgerald's home addition sure doesn't sound like the action of a guy who thinks that he is going to be asked to move out of town anytime soon. I hope he gets to enjoy the Chicago summer, I'm not thinking that he's going to be having too much down time.

1 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 at 11:33 AM, Blogger Levois said...

I get the feeling he's starting to like Chicago, Illinois.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home