Monday, May 15, 2006

Rest in Peace Baby

Whenever Lou Jones called me 'baby', which was 95% of the time, I knew that all was good. It was when I would hear her say, "Fritchey, I need to speak with you", that I knew she was about business. But while business for other people might be trying to help get a deal done, business for Lou was about helping people in need.

Lou was as solid as they come, and to the extent that I have seen some comments to the contrary, I can only presume that the writers of those comments just didn't know Lou. For a poignant article about Lou, read Rich Miller's tribute in the Daily Southtown today.

Knowing that there would be crowds later in the day, I went to pay my respects to Lou early this morning at the Metropolitan Apostolic Church. The church was serene, just the Deacon, myself and a couple others were there at the time. I chatted briefly with the Deacon, who told me how much Lou meant to the community, something I already knew, but still enjoyed hearing.

And I have to say that, as I knelt down in front of her, Lou looked simultaneously resplendent and at peace. Just as she should.

1 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 at 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stuff Rep. Fritchey. I really enjoy reading the spectrum of items that you cover and appreciate the effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home