Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MAP Quest

Despite having been at the blogging for a while now, I still get impressed by the sheer volume of quality information that is being put out by people from all corners. Pick a subject, you'll find people writing about it.

In that vein, but much closer to home, I came across an interesting article, apparently written by a U of I student, which does a workmanlike job of laying out the state's MAP and new MAP Plus programs, and detailing the legislative/political positioning of various House members during the process. (The wrong photo of Kevin McCarthy is an amusing sidebar.)

The author appears to have a conservative bent, which somewhat skews the piece, but hey, that's the beauty of the blogosphere. The article does a credible job of looking at the subject and is worth a read.

3 Comments:

At May 9, 2006 at 2:26 PM, Blogger Kiyoshi Martinez said...

John:

Thanks for the link. I'm fixing the photo now! Yikes! That's what happens when you just use Google Image search.

I also will admit that the article has a slight conservative bent, however, I do believe that there are students like me from both sides of the politcial spectrum. Note the comments from Justin Cajindos, who is an officer for the UIUC College Democrats.

What I think this comes down to for many students is the fact that this is an issue that goes beyond political leanings and directly affects the institutions we attend and the money our parents have to pay.

 
At May 9, 2006 at 2:51 PM, Blogger Hon. John Fritchey said...

No argument from me Yoshi.

 
At May 9, 2006 at 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kiyoshi did a great job of accurately hitting this issue on the head. Good Job.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home