Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer Vision


So I finally break my longest silence since starting this blog last Fall in order to write about - nothing. A bunch of people have contacted me regarding the dearth of postings the last few weeks, so I just want to take a quick opportunity to respond. (I didn't stop to ask if they missed it or were rejoicing about it.)

In any event, the void has been both intentional and unintentional. A lot of things that I have wanted to write about are my criticisms and critiques about various current goings-on at different levels of government. But I'm not really in the mindset right now to simply throw my two cents in and take shots about issues in which I have no involvement. At the other end of the spectrum, summer is upon us, and I have been pretty busy with activities in the district - graduations, neighborhood group meetings, and the like, so time and inclination to post has also been somewhat more rarified.

I think that my plan for summer blogging will be to do a weekly post, most likely policy-based, probably on Mondays. Just a little something to provoke some thought and maybe some discussion. Obviously, significant events may lead me to weigh in as well. In the more immediate future, I'm undergoing Lasik surgery in about an hour or so, and my anxiety level is definitely on the upswing.
(I cannot believe I am letting somebody do this to me.)

I hope that everyone is enjoying the best season in our state. I'll post again next week (busy weekend coming up), and I hope to see everybody soon (literally).

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 at 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting. Hope that you're having a fantastic summer and that the surgery went well. If you're reading this - I'll assume that it went well!!! I must note that when I saw the graphics on this posting -- my first impression did not register as an eye!

 
At June 20, 2006 at 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Hope you can read the eye chart:

TRAC
aba
acquisition
based assessing


It's time to work for an Illinois constitutional change.

 
At June 21, 2006 at 7:06 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Good Luck, Buddy!

 
At June 21, 2006 at 10:21 AM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

Thanks for the good wishes folks. The vision is still coming around, but supposedly everything went well. I guess we'll see :)

 
At June 21, 2006 at 9:35 PM, Blogger Rep. John Fritchey said...

K,

I appreciate your passion, but I've been waiting for a couple of weeks for a legal opinion that was supposed to be forthcoming from one of our mutual friends. Thanks for making light of my situation though, I appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home