Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Farm Fresh

Some of my friends from the Edgar County Farm Bureau were kind enough to drive up last Friday for a visit. We had lunch at a restaurant by my district office and then took a walking tour around the neighborhood. Speaking for myself, it was a great couple of hours talking about local issues (mine and theirs), politics, and planning for a fall visit that I plan on taking down there in October.

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating - the legislature and the state would each be a better place if we all spent more time getting to know more about areas other than those we represent.

1 Comments:

At September 6, 2005 at 11:02 PM, Blogger FightforJustice said...

I agree. If legislators see issues from their opponents' viewpoint, debate would be less contentious and compromise easier.

 

<< Home