Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

I had the privilege today, as I have for many years now, to spend part of Veterans Day at a memorial event in the North Center area of my district. Every year, I'm surprised at the relatively small turnout, but I was even more so this year in light of the turbulent times in which we find ourselves. At the same time, I was once again moved by the reverence of the ceremony as well as the faces and passion of the veterans and relatives in attendance.

As I talked with some of the JROTC students afterwards, I couldn't help but think about the soldiers who have died in recent years, many of whom were barely older than these kids.

As the son and grandson of veterans, and as an American thankful for all we have, I just want to say thank you veterans - and may God bless you, one and all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home